Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Day 2 - First Father's Day with our boys

This is day 2 of our photo diary of our medical campaign in Haiti with our boys June, 19, 2016.   This was actually Father's Day, so it was the first time I got to spend Father's Day with our boys.  What a blessing..   I will let the pictures tells our story.

The first thing Sunday morning I woke up early to get my lessons ready for the day.  I was preaching at a small church in Port-au-Prince, and I needed to go over my lesson.   It was not long before our boys woke up and decided to help me with my studies.  Could not do much studying with my buddies helping me but I did not care at all.  Loved the bonding time.




They thought my reading glasses were the best so they had to try them out.


They showed me how well they could write their names in English and I thought they did an excellent job.




Finally, all ready for church.  We were so hot, but they were so proud of their clothes.  Their shoes, their belts and those smiles.  I think they looked extremely handsome.




They were so good in church.   They went to Bible class and they sat through the lesson that I preached like little troopers.  Our reward was Father's Day lunch at the guest house with Oreo cookies.   They also wanted to eat the center out first.  A little difficult when you don't have front teeth.  


The rest of pictures are either on the roof of the guest house playing soccer, having devotional and playing in the hammock.   We had a great afternoon and evening worship.   You could tell that they had a great time.










Davidson liked tape from some reason.   That roll of tape kept showing up in his pocket all day and even the next day in his scrubs.  he loved that roll of tape.






Video of Davidson showing of his skills doing pull-ups.  He may have weak legs but his upper body is strong.  Cherdinor also showed off his soccer skills as the play on the roof of the guest house.





I absolutely love the hammock video below with them laughing.   It makes me smile every time I listen to it.       I will post day 3 soon.

R. Scott Miskelly

No comments:

Post a Comment