Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Wait Continues

First, it has been three months since I posted, so let me give you an update.   We were told in October that we needed to change or adoption paperwork from a simple adoption to a plenary or complete adoption.   We were told at that time we were looking at least 6 months.    It has now been 8 months, almost 9, and we are slowly moving.  We have been waiting since April for an ID card for Cherdinor's mother and I was told two weeks ago that she had this and they were supposed to be in court last week.   I have messaged them today and hope this week to hear whether they were able to get her in court.  If that took place then we will start the process of getting all of the paperwork legalized again and through MOI so it can get finally to the American Embassy.  This will still take a good bit of time, but we are making progress and that is all we want, progress.  It has been 4 years this summer that our paperwork was sent to Haiti for the adoption of these boys and it is time for them to come home.

I was able to go on a Medical Mission trip with the Estes Church of Christ in Henderson, TN to Santo - Port-au-Prince, Haiti last week.    We were there from the 17th to the 24th of June and I have pictures and videos that I am downloading and getting ready for a long post with lots of information about the trip.  They were able to spend two days with me at the guest house.  My family was not able to travel this time to Haiti. It will be posted hopefully this next week.  Hopefully I will have heard from the orphanage by next week and come update the status of the adoption.

Keep us all, especially our boys in your prayers.

Miskelly Family

No comments:

Post a Comment