Sunday, September 22, 2013

Some Thoughts from my Heart

This Poem is based on Ephesians the first chapter.  I thought about us all being adopted by God our Father and this poem to our boys in Haiti came out.

Ephesians 1: 5  "....he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,...."




We Are All Adopted


You may not have my eyes, my son,
     you may not look like me.
And gazing in the mirror,
     my genes you can not see.

But you will have my name, my son,
     and you will have my heart.
You will know I love you because
     God's love I will impart.

For I was once adopted, too
    God took me as HIS own.
HE washed away my sins, and
     no more was I alone.

It won't be too much longer,
    I think that you will see,
My name, my heart, and with GOD's love
    a family we will be.


Love,   your DAD


Author   R. Scott Miskelly

No comments:

Post a Comment