Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Color of My Skin

Skyped with the boys today.  They each had a ball in their hand that we sent to them as a present.   They had just gotten them this morning and they would not let them go.  They were very talkative today.   Still no word on paperwork and we are still in dispensation and have been for almost 6 months.

There was some painting going on at the orphanage last week and found a picture of the baby beds outside for nap time.   Davidson is in the bed on the far right and I could tell it was him by the braces on his feet.



I also found an older picture of Cherdinor coloring and will post it, too.



 I was sitting doing charts today and some more poetry came to my mind.  If you are going to follow this blog you will have to put up with some of my attempts at poetry.  I was thinking about the issue of color and race which does not matter at all to me or my family.   But there are always others that might make this an issue.  So, here are my thoughts.


The Color of My Skin

If someone asks about the color of your skin,
      tell him, "It's not the outside that matters, but what beams from within."

Like a package wrapped in brown paper and string,
     how can you tell the joy it will bring?

It is not until you open it and see with your eyes
     that you finally determine the value of your prize.

So look into the mirror and smile so big and wide
     because only YOU know the treasure hidden inside.


R. Scott Miskelly

No comments:

Post a Comment